Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Growing Old is Part of God's Plan - Helen Steiner Rice

Suddenly a questioned popped out in my mind this evening .... how will I live if I know I can never live the same as I used to again?

I came back to JB a week after my CNY hols because I stayed behind to care for Mom. God was good because He had caused many family members far and near, from different generations to step in to help care for Mom ... I am very touched .. and thankful to God. The doctor said that family support is very very important for the patient and does a whole host of impact on the patient's well being. M glad to be able to love Mom this way and glad to know God loves Mom a lot too ...

So, I opened the photostated copy of the book of poems by Helen Steiner Rice (which I found it in the cupboard this trip back to Sitiawan ... not sure if it is San Chia's or Nee Chia's ....) to find comfort and release of how I feel ... this is what I found :

You can't HOLD BACK THE DAWN"

Or "STOP THE TIDES FROM FLOWING" -

Or 'KEEP A ROSE FROM WITHERING"

Or "STILL A WIND THAT IS BLOWING" -

And TIME CANNOT BE HALTED

in its SWIFT and ENDLESS FLIGHT

For AGE is sure to follow YOUTH

and DAY comes after NIGHT ....

For He who sets our span of years

and watches from above

Replaces youth and beauty

with PEACE and TRUTH and LOVE ....

And then our souls are privileged

to see a "HIDDEN TREASURE"

That in our youth escaped our eyes

in OUR PURSUIT OF PLEASURE .....

So BIRTHDAYS are but BLESSINGS

that open up the way

To the EVERLASTING BEAUTY

of GOD'S ETERNAL DAY.

The path of the righteous is like the morning sun,
shining ever brighter till the full light of day.
(Prob 4:18)

No comments: