Sunday, June 5, 2011

Life will never be the same again

Going into Spore yesterday was a slightly different experience because i did not drive (I normally do), instead I followed HH's car in. Since he was rushing for time cos we were stuck in massive jam before even entering JB town, he dropped me off at Woodlands. I took 170 to TTC -- boy ... it had been such a long time since I took 170 ... does bring back memories .... sitting in the heavily PVC scented bus, on the PVC chairs that reminds me of the bus chairs in the green bus that used to ply around in Sitiawan .. down the familiar Bukit timah road ... everything looks the same .. almost ... but if u look closer ..one can spot some changes in the landscape view.

By the time we reach Seng Seong or Ten Mile Junction ... the entire view is completely different ... the are renovating the entire mall! I remember how Li and I used to walk to Seng Seong in the evenings to buy our fruits, instant noodles and junk food .... and take a bus back to TTC. Reaching TTC bus stop -- it was a mess!!! I got down and almost walked into Salvation Army thinking that its TTC cos of the mess!!! It was only after the mess of the MRT construction that I can see the familiar slope which i walked thousands of times 3 years in TTC. After not walking on the slope for 1 whole year .... going up the slope can be a challenge ... hehehhe ... berpeluh2!

Visited CC. It as good to see her again after my last visit about 1mth ago .. can really see God's strength and grace on her as she embraces the challenge of her health .. pray that God's mercy and healing will continue to be with her and family .... she said a statement that stuck with me even till now : "Life will never be the same again" ....

Yup ... going to Spore through 170 through the familiar route by bus .... physically there are changes in the landscape and buildings .... as I step into Rail Mall -- the "smell' of Rail Mall is the same but again ... but there are changes - its like "something old, something new"kinda feeling .. yes, Harry's and Cold Storage, Ah Mei and Eat is still there .... but suddenly -- there is a Watson!! Have my favorite fattening laksa in EAT -- the price is till the same but it has lesser noodles, soup and 'hang' .... things are the same yet not the same ....

The best part of my trip is to be blessed with the sound of the KTM train ... the sound that I love to hear 3 times in a day from my room ..evening ... early morning and just before midnite

This is life .. things changes ... people change ... our emotions will change .. people come and go in our lives .... and ... we generally hate changes ... it is indeed a fact of life that life will never be the same again .... we are dynamic creatures living in a dynamic world ....

But ...one thing I am very certain that will not change in my life : Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever more -- as long as I hold on tight to His hands ... He will be the only SAME FACTOR in my life that will remain the same .... He was there when I was conceived in my mother's womb (Psalm 139), He will be there to hold my hands when I need to cross my Jordan river ... I do not need to fear change .. cos He was there .. has been there and will continue to be there till my journey in this temporary home ends ...

No comments: