Thursday, June 2, 2011

... The Party Begins After 40 .... Cakes ..n More Cakes

M never really into birthday celebrations ... only last year that God some how convinced me to remember birthday as to celebrate the gift of life that God has given and appreciate the life that was lived. So, last year, after soo000 many years, I celebrated my 40th birthday with my family ... and Dan ... hehehhe ....

This year, the celebration is really really a blown up version .... it started a week before my birthday ... had my 1st birthday cake last Tue .... Aunty PLing so kiasu .. wanted to be the first to wish me ... so she went to buy cheese cake for me.


Then, last Wednesday, I went into Singapore to met up with Pris, Lily and Pei Yi ... to celebrate Pris belated bday and my fast forward bday .. we went to the Jurong Ah Pek Restaurant to have my favorite fish hot pot .... yummy .... I had my second cheese cake ... aunty Lily ... dono where she buy ... very nice ... cheese cake with brownies on top .... it was a time to really appreciate our lives and the gift of friendship ... indeed to was a "heart felt" time .. we even had time to cry while and pray in the car right in front of the restaurant!!!! God will never place us alone in our journey ... God gives us friends to journey with us and along side with us ... friends as God's channels of love and comfort ... thank you very much guys .... love ya ....


Thursday ... the church aunties ..... took Pastor and I out for dinner ... Pastor's bday is on 8 June and mine on 3 June ... but both of us are on the move ... so ... they decided to celebrate the birthday a week before mine .. they are particular ... they do not want to celebrate belated birthdays .... so ... my 3rd cake rolled in .... and the food .... wah sooo much!!!

Mom has been harassing me past 2 weeks for me to go back on my birthday ... she wants to celebrate my birthday (... eeemm.. sure got udang di sebalik batu one ...) ... anyway .. I went back sban 30 May and we celebrated my birthday ... the typical Mom's style ... fried egg with fried bihun ... I cook fish head curry as well ... but wait .... why m I the cook for my bday meal? ... SM says ... cos only I know how to cook those dishes .... >< ..... anyway ... she baked my favorite cheese cake ... (4th cake) ... and fried Keropok!!!!

I have been thinking and missing Dad past 2 weeks ... it was indeed precious moment when I get to go back to Sitiawan to visit Dad and at the same time to send Mom back for a short break. It's a miracle that Mom can sit up for so long and can travel back to Sitiawan ... when we took her out CNY ... the thought did cross how she will go back to swan again ... well ... God indeed has blessed me with both my parents living way in His grace.


Last celebration .... my youths gave me a surprise!! We suppose to go for a movie but my youths lined up a whole host of activities and FUN .... we started early morning ... have to reach City Square b4 10am .. why .. cos need go sing song !!! hahhaha ....


So we gathered and went for karaoke ... all sing cina song ... off cos ... they have to have an English song for Eng Ing Jie ... what song --- abcdefg ... fijklmn .... yes ... the traditional alphabet song!!!! All can sing!! hahhaa ... we had so much fun la ... many talents revealed : ....


WX: born singer and entertainer ... lot pattern and gaya .... JE : dont ever give her the mike when go karaoke with her .. else she will never let go of it!!! sing non stop!!! (LOL) ... HL : she sings with passion and emotions ... syok nyanyi ... YP : hahhaha ... give mike ... dont 1 sing ... no mike ... wah ... sing bukan main lagi ... so, net2 ... can sing la .... KT : hahhaha ... this guy ... can sing one!!! (KT : when u going lead us in worship??? we are waiting ..... ) ... JK : ppl singing ... so noisy ... he zzzzzz ... pengsan!!! JA : she can sing but need some time warm up with the mike ... XB : seasoned karaoke boy ... all song he can sing and sing all the time .. he enjoys it ... The other 2 sisters ... shy ... but can sing one la ... Teacher was singing to herself wat .... she thought no one knows and see ... hehhehe ... I heard :0 ... HF and JQ : ai yo ... singing pattern not yet come out ... maybe 1st time in karaoke .. wait la ... sure one day also will syok sing ....

After the singing .. its movie session -- Panda Kungfu 2 ... ai yo ... the panda so super cute ... like Wesley ... but I know someone .... zzz movie time!!!! The singing gal!!! How can she sing while others were laughing!!! There was another (the born singer and entertainer) .... moved into the seats and plunk himself on the chair in the middle of the row and happily watching the movie ... NOT knowing that we booked the entire row!!! So, some poor fellows had to seat other seats ... which includes real front seats!!! eerr .... hey born singer ... they still need to claim neck massage from u leh ... hehhehehe...

When movies done .... the conference starts ... wah .. the youth non stop conference ... where to go and what to do ... hahahha ... they wanted Starbucks ... m not into coffee that day cos already had my second cup for the day .... then ... quietly they bring me to this cina restaurant ... where m suppose to show my IC to the shop and they will give us teh tarik (milk tea) on the house!!! Not bad right ... free drinks ... but what I did not know is ... they will also play the bday song in the restaurant!!!! Every one in the restaurant turned and looked at me ... ai yo ... I super shy leh ... face turned red!!! But thank God m tanned ... so ... dont look red2! .... Then my youth so drama .... XBai disappeared some where and came back and said ... "eh ... got song ah ... how come I no hear .... play again la" .... ........... ...... so ... tiba2 ... the song is ON again ... then ... came the cake ... oooo we need the song again .. how can give cake without song!!! FAINT!!!! They played the bday song THREE times for me!!!! I super touched la ... they all so sweet .... touched see how KT served us .... take our orders cos no one knows what to eat or drink ... and then cut and distribute the cake -- servant leader .... :0 .... (KT : thanks)

It rained super heavy .. so guess we are "stuck" in CS right .... what to do -- GAME time!!! So, off we went to our final session for the day .... GAME CENTRE!!! Wah .. the younger ones seems to enjoy the games more than the older ones ... and boy .. can they play .. till dont want to go back!!!

At last ... we have to say ... hey, its time to go home ... the rain stopped .. reluctantly we ended our day of fun .... walked to the bus and took the bus home .... syok ... naik bus beramai2 ... hehehe ....

So, this is how my birthday was celebrated -- the "young" way!! Just as if m celebrating my 21st bday and not 41st bday ... SYOK!!!! M very blessed to be surrounded by God's love ... expressed through family ... friends and church members ...

p/s : yesterday : confirm .. and very confirmed ... the youths enjoy me as much as I enjoy them!! i always enjoy spending time with them ... preparing lessons and even during our sessions together .. I thought i was SSS la ... yday ... really show that they also enjoy me la ... hehhee

1 comment:

PreciousPearl said...

nice one! happy 3x birthday!