Monday, May 9, 2011

A Mother's Love Is A Haven in Storms of Life : Helen S Rice

Saturday night I called Mom to remind her that Sun is Mother's Day .... but I told her that I already "celebrated" Mother's Day for me last weekend when I was down and gave her present di .. :0 ...

Lots of my friends and cousins envy me .. at my age and Mom's age .. I can still have someone physically with me that I can call Mom and can phone her all the time. Most of them will keep telling how blessed I am to still have Mom ..

Yup ... I am very blessed indeed to still have Mom with me ... and enjoying her ... calling her everyday on the phone ... and when I dont she will phone me ... she waits for my call every day .. that I am very sure of ....

I tell my friends and cousins that Mom is living in God's extra extra grace ... cos she is past 70 and God has extended her life .... and preserved her life ... many many times .. in fact, the drama that we had this CNY did make me think that I may need to be prepared for the worst ... especially when Mom at one point was growing weak ... her voice was slowly getting softer and did not seem to eat much ..

But God has His purposes in preserving Mom .. I believe that God indeed has His sovereign reasons and purposes and may Mom live to fulfill the purpose and plan of God fully ....

Today ... Mom is full of life, energy (in her spirit) and determination to live!! She prays 2-3 times daily for all of us .... family by family she will name them one by one ... and off cos for 3 of us ... the DO-RE-MI (that's what she calls LN, CK & I) and now adding Yeow into her prayers. She off course also prays for her own health .. she is very determine to be able to sit up for longer time and able to walk again ... with the help of a walking stick rather than a walking frame.

When you phone her .. her voice is full of life and joy ... laughter .... :0 ... that's Mom ... she very very very ... almost never cry but always positive and determine to work things out with God's help :0... I really thank God that God gives her a prayer partner .... Mom told me that Nelda prays with Mom and some times worship God together ... guess that's the "service" till both of them are able to attend church.

With this, I remember how much she prays for me ... those 7 years of wilderness ... if it is not her prayers (and the prayers of my siblings and loved ones) ... I will not be where I am today .. I will still be lost ... if it is not the prayers of Mom ... I dont think I will go thru TTC ... she will phone me 2-3 times a week and always always ending our conversation by praying for me. Ah Yi used to envy me .... In fact, even during STPM days Mom will pray for me ... 1mth before and during the exam, Mom will brew ginseng with kampung ayam ... and bring it all the way to Tmn Hijau for me to drink ... 2 days 1 fresh chicken ... and off course .. my varsity days ... Mom prays for me too ..... and she continues to pray for through my working life until this very moment ....

So i would like to dedicate this poem by Helen S Rice to my dear Mom ... yes ... her LOVE is indeed a haven for me ... especially in times of storm. Mom has always been there for me .... thank you Mom .. Thank You Abba for giving me Mom ... :0

++++++++++++++++

A MOTHER'S LOVE is like an island
In life's ocean vast and wide,
A peaceful, quiet shelter
From the restless, rising tide ...


A MOTHER'S LOVE is like a fortress
And we seek protection there
When the waves of tribulation
Seem to drown us in despair ...


A MOTHER'S LOVE'S a sanctuary

Where our souls can find sweet rest
From the struggle and the tension
Of life's fast and futile quest ...


A MOTHER'S LOVE is like a tower

Rising far above the crowd,
And her smile is like the sunshine

Breaking through a threatening cloud ...


A MOTHER'S LOVE is like a beacon

Burning bright with FAITH and PRAYER,
And through the changing scenes of life

We can find a HAVEN THERE ...


For a MOTHER'S LOVE is fashioned

After God's enduring love,

It is endless and unfailing

Like the love of HIM above ...

For God knew in HIS great wisdom
That HE couldn't be EVERYWHERE

So HE put HIS LITTLE CHILDREN In a LOVING MOTHER'S CARE.

No comments: