Friday, April 9, 2010

Last CG with YAF GMC

Emo land ......

Reached back in room at 1150pm after I led the last YAF CG ..... immediately vet thru the final edit of the Grad Mag .... 80over pages .... till 230am ....

Felt I need to blog this tonight before I zzzz because tonight is a significant night ...

Tonight is a night that my official attachment with GCM is really coming to an end .... my heart is heavy and not really willing to leave .... because I have developed emotional as well as pastoral attachment with the people there -- especially for the YAF... the group is small ... just about 10 of us .....

Actually our YAF just started a new book for CG titled Groups - the life-giving power of community by John Ortberg, Laurie Pederson, Judson Poling. When I first got the book and prepared the material, I felt that this book is very long winded and heavy but I manage to break the sections into smaller chunks and I personally find them pretty good ...

I started with this little community (YAF GMC) - encouraging them to build and work on their current communal living and relationship yet it is so ironic that i will be leaving them in 3 weeks time. I cant journey with them though I started this with them .... :( ... and it is my deepest pray that God will lead another shepherd that is willing to pour his/her life into the precious lives of the young adults ... the leaders of our next generation ....

I ended tonight's CG with little exercise where each of us is given a paper with our names on it ... each of out members is to write something encouraging or edifying for each other ... I think I unconsciously included this in ... for myself ... so that I have something concrete to carry with me as memory ...:0... it was so heartwarming and encouraging to read all their words ... I have been very blessed by God with this group .... each of them had individually encouraged me in their own ways ..... the Lord had used them ... to keep me going .. to keep my heart burning for Him ....

Thank you guys for making my time in GMC fun ... thank you for opening up to me and allowing me into your world and life .... had great time with all of us ... and think all of u ... in some ways are so fun and crazy ... off cos ... who's the leader of YAF??? hahhaha hohoho ... we r surely learning very well from him ...:0

And I echo Paul's words and prayer for this group of young people that will have a special place in my heart :

"I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel
from the first day until now, being confident of this, that
He who began a good work in you will carry it on
to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
(Phil 1:3-6)


p/s : All is safe and growing ... except one lost sheep .... and for that lost sheep, I pray that the Good Shepherd will indeed go out to look for this lost sheep and bring her home safely again .....

No comments: