Monday, January 17, 2011

To Save A Life


I heard of 2 great movies that is quite new on the shelf .... and great for teens ... saw them in SKS and its expensive ... sin currency. When I saw them in Arise Shine last Tue, I immediately bought them .....

One of the movies that I bought ... To Save A Life .... I cried my eyes out .. it was so touch and real ... Have been working with teen past 6mths .... and I find that teens now is living in a total different era when I grew up .. it was harder and tougher just to grow up in such environment .. there is so much more "expose" and explosion of all sorts of things ... its like what I was facing and dealing with growing up .... now its blasted 10x even more and 100x even more things that one teen need to handle ...

And this movie shows a slice of the reality that teen struggle with - teen suicide, teen depression, teen's struggle with acceptance, rejection ... and community / friends to chill and to cry with .... dating ... how to ask a girl out .... teens struggle with temptations -- drugs ... sex... drinking .... pregnancy .... teens struggling to hand the pains that the face ..... cutting ... parents fighting ... divorce .... then .. the issue of what next ... what is the next step to take in one's life .. which path .... what if the path is closed because of an expected incident cos of a mistake ... pregnant .... what will a teen do with "religion"? How would Jesus make a difference?

Its a MUST watch movie for all age group .... of it has a message for all ..... it was a reminder for me how difficult for teens just to grow up -

For adults .. think we should not be quick to impose our ways, values and mind set on them .. thinking that we know best ... and it will be the best way ... but truly just to journey with the teens around us by helping them to seek God and see things through God's perspective ... and to listen to them ....

This is more than just a movie ... watch it for yourself .....

No comments: