Monday, March 15, 2010

Fill My Cup Lord ....


Being in full time servant of the Lord is a tiring and draining business God had been challenging me again - where my supplies come from ?

Oswald Chambers made this radical statement that was stuck in my brains for few days - “Spiritual exhaustion never comes through sin but only through service, and whether or not you are exhausted will depend upon where you get your supplies. Before other souls learn to draw from on the life of Jesus direct, they have to learn to draw on it through you; you will literally be “sucked” until they learn to take their nourishment from God. We have no right to say “O Lord, I am exhausted” because He saved and sanctified you in order to exhaust you. Be exhausted for God but remember that you supply comes from Him.”


This is a radical truth - we are created to love and serve Him whole heartedly. As how Jesus body was broken and life poured out for us, let us be the broken bread and poured-out wine for His people. But let us consciously make Him our Source, let us ensure that we have eaten our daily manna so that we can feed His lamb and sheep.


Go to Him first for our supply and b
e feed to the fullest first. Let this chorus be the prayer every morning :


"Fill my cup Lord

I lift it up Lord

Come and quench

This thristy of my soul

Bread of heaven

Feed me till I want no more

Fill my cup

Fill it up and make me whole"


And for those of are sincerely tired and weary, what can we do? Go to Him for He has promise us Isaiah 40:31 - He will renew our strength and we will run and not grow weary, walk and not faint ....

No comments: